Thursday 16 January 2020

January assessment learner response

1List the people, places and groups represented in the poster. E.g. men, women, teenagers etc.

In the poster I could see 7 teenagers, 3 girls and 4 boys, all in a group. In the background of the poster it looks like they are in an urban area supposedly in their neighbourhood.

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Write down the mark you achieved for each question:

Q1: 0/1 -I didn't get this mark because I didn't read deeper into the question
Q2: 0/1 -I didn't get this mark because we as a class didn't go over media codes as much as we should've 
Q3: 2/8 -I didn't get some of the marks because I didn't add in the oppositional reading

Q4: 1½ / 2 - I didn't get one mark because I basically used the same examples
Q5: 2/2
Q6: 10/20 - I didn't get the other ten marks because I didn't include understanding of both the theoretical framework and the influence of contexts

3) Did you get any media terminology wrong in the assessment? Make a note of it here for future revision:

Yes. At the beginning of Q6 I wrote "I don't agree and do agree" when I was supposed to write "I agree to some extent".

4) Look specifically at question 3 - did you successfully write about both the preferred and oppositional readings? Did your answers match any in the mark scheme?

I wrote about the preferred reading, but I didn't have time to write more about the oppositional reading. Yes, I wrote about women's rights and how they can have power as-well as men.

5) Now look at question 4. Write a definition of vertical integration to revise this key industry terminology

The combination in one firm of two or more stages of production normally operated by separate firms.

No comments:

Post a Comment